HPA has reopened its office however, due to current COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines, we cannot accept walk-ins. Please contact us at (860) 570-0331 and/or email@example.com to make an appointment.
Latest update on State Historic Preservation Office operations (as of 3/17/2020):
- Historic rehabilitation tax credit applications, grant applications, and environmental review requests will now be accepted electronically through email, Dropbox or other file sharing service. Please do not send mail or hand deliver any applications or requests to the office until further notice.
- The SHPO will be closed to researchers. We understand the inconvenience this will cause; however, SHPO staff will have access to digital files and can provide information to researchers as available.
- All site visits and in-person meetings are on hold until further notice.
- The Henry Whitfield State Museum is closed until further notice.
- The scheduled March 27, 2020 State Historic Preservation Review Board Meeting is canceled. All agenda items will be moved to the June 12, 2020 meeting.
- The Historic Preservation Council will continue to meet monthly via teleconference.
Our mission is to revitalize the historic fabric of Hartford,
connect us to our heritage and
collaborate to impact community economic development
by providing historic preservation and revitalization technical assistance, education and advocacy for those who live and work in Hartford.
On May 14, 2019, HPA Executive Director Mary A. Falvey was the featured speaker at the Old State House’s “Conversations at Noon” series. Click the following link to view the Connecticut Network video recording of her presentation “The History of the Preservation of the Old State House” followed by a panel discussion (including Mary, Deputy State Historic Preservation Officer Mary Dunne and CT Trust Executive Director Jane Montanaro) on the future of preservation. http://ct-n.com/ctnplayer.asp?odID=16343
HPA’s previous Executive Director Frank Hagaman presented Historic Preservation: The Foundation for Community Economic Development at the 2013 TEDx Bushnell Park event.