Technical Assistance for Hartford Homeowners: (Free)
We help determine if:
- Your home is on a Local, State or National Register of Historic Places.
- You reside in a Historic District.
- Your rehab project qualifies for State or Federal Tax Credits.
- Your project conforms to the Historic Preservation Ordinance.
- You have the right contractor for the job.
- You know all the resources available to you in Hartford and beyond.
HPA offers Walking Tours in Hartford in the Spring and Fall ($15 each)
Check our Calendar page for dates, places and times
We do offer Private Walking Tours for groups on a flat fee schedule:
- $150 for 6-10 participants
- $225 for 11-20 participants
- $275 for 21-40 participants
Tours available to groups such as: Religious Organizations, Clubs, Neighborhood Residents and Employee Groups.
School groups – 6th grade and up and accompanied by teachers and chaperones.
HPA offers Lectures: $125 an hour
- Why Historic Preservation?
- Preservation as an Economic Stimulus.
- Before and After Restoration projects completed in Hartford.
- Preservation as the “greenest” way to protect the built and natural environments.
HPA offers Workshops for groups: (members $15 & non-members $20, minimum 15 people)
- Care for your Old House.
- Understanding the Design Guidelines “Repair rather than Replace.”
- Contractors and Construction Workshop “Working on an Historic Building.”
- Preservation topic of your choice.
HPA also consults with for-profit businesses such as:
Developers, Real Estate Professionals, and Commercial Building Owners. (Fees based on projects undertaken)